Jackson Square Properties is a privately held company that focuses on the investment of multifamily properties across the country. Jackson Square Properties was formed in 2004 to purchase value-added real estate and capitalize on strong multi-family markets. Our investment strategies have shifted over the years as market conditions change. Over the past 4 years, Jackson Square has actively looked to upgrade the quality of our portfolio with infill, institutional grade assets in Seattle, Portland, California, Salt Lake City, Denver, and Austin in sub-markets with barriers to entry. Our current portfolio of over 19,000 apartment units ranging from the value-add repositioning of B & C quality assets to institutional quality, long term hold, income-producing properties.
Jackson Square Properties has been extremely active in both acquisitions and dispositions of multifamily properties over the last 10 years. Since 2011, Jackson Square has acquired over 23,000 apartment units in 8 states with a total purchase price of over $4.5 billion and sold approximately 15,000 units valued at $2.2 billion. Jackson Square Properties has the unique ability to use our own internal capital to purchase properties utilizing 1031 exchanges or refinance proceeds, making the new acquisitions swift and seamless for sellers. We have become repeat buyers to several companies based on our reputation and our ability to commit quickly and close at the terms initially agreed upon.
Our entrepreneurial spirit and culture of integrity, accountability, and transparency translate into win-win transactions for all involved parties.
Working with Jackson Square allows our broker partners to benefit from:
- The streamlined decision-making process of our unique investment model
- Our experience and confidence with large-scale capital renovations
- Our expertise in structured finance
- The flexibility of our entrepreneurial environment and empowered employee team
MULTI-FAMILY PROPERTY CRITERIA
- Minimum value of $15 million for existing communities
- 100+ units
- Value-added or rehabilitation opportunities
- Bond-financed and market rate communities
- Targeted metropolitan markets
- A or B Locations
- A, B, or C Properties
MULTI-FAMILY TARGETED METROPOLITAN MARKETS:
- Northern and Southern California
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Seller - Owner identification and form of ownership.
- Reason for sale
- Location - Address, location maps (neighborhood, city, and region).
- Operations - Operating statement for the last 3 years, including improvement costs, as well as current rent rolls.
- Market - Supply/demand factors, competitive properties, comparable leases, comparable sales, new construction activity, available land, and replacement cost estimates
- Photographs - Aerial, interior, and exterior photographs